Fasting is an essential to cleanse, rebuild and maintain your health and well being. A detox cleansing program will clean your body of toxins. After a cleanse, the body will start to rebalance and your energy levels will rise physically and psychologically. Your creativity will expand and you will start to feel different with a better outlook on life with an improved diet and exercise program.
Who can attend the detox cleanse retreat - any restrictions?
There are a few restrictions as to who may attend. We ask that you be 18 or older or attend with a parent. You should not have any doctor-defined life-threatening or contagious diseases. Please don't sign up for the juice fasting program if your are on heavy medications, pregnant or nursing; have had a kidney or liver transplant, kidney impairment or only one kidney. However, before eliminating yourself from the possibility of having a cleanse, check with your physican. With your doctor's written approval, we can be more flexible.
It is our intention to provide you with the best cleanse experience you've ever had, therefore our pre-retreat health questions are designed with your safety in mind, for a joyful, successful retreat experience.
What is an organic fast and cleanse?
An organic herbal fast and a juice fast cleanse is an internal cleanse designed to boost the functions and restorative powers of the colon, blood, organs and immune system by resting the body from the strenuous digestive and elimination activities, replenishing supplies of natural enzymes, vitamins and minerals, and expelling stored toxins.
The colon is often burdened with undigested, compacted, putrefied remnants of meats, dairy and other processed foods. These putrefied foods will be expelled from your body during the retreat at Detox Oasis. A clean colon allows the body to access more nutrients from food, which provides the body with greater nourishment and strength. This allows your body to expel wastes more quickly and efficiently.
During a cleanse at Detox Oasis, our body receives all the necessary vitamins, minerals and enzymes it needs from wheatgrass juice and green drinks. Because you're actually getting all the nutrients you need, you will rarely feel hungry during the fast.
We can provide with your cleansing retreat program an optional transition-in and transition-out diet guidelines. It is recommended that you follow this guideline for an optimal cleanse experience and for your own active involvement, but it is ultimately your decision.
Guidelines - What To Eat Before the Detox, Cleansing, Fasting Program (Helpful Guidelines for Fitness Clients)
- Check with your doctor.
- We suggest that you don't fast breakfast if you have a full day ahead of driving, because you might need the energy.
- Watch what you eat before the fast. Don't stuff yourself right before thinking it's your last meal. Before the fast, start limiting what you eat to prep yourself. This tells your body that the amount of food you intake is becoming less and less. If you don't prep yourself, when you fast, the fast may be a little harder, but some clients choose not to limit their diet prior to the detox program.
- Try to eat SLOW-DIGESTING FOODS including FIBER-CONTAINING FOODS rather than FAST- DIGESTING foods. Slow digesting foods last up to 8 hours, while fast-digesting foods last for only 3 to 4 hours. Foods to Eat
*Slow-digesting foods are foods that contain grains and seeds like barley, oats, millet, pinto beans, black eyed peas, lentils, whole meal flour, unpolished rice, etc. (called complex carbohydrates). Many people opt to stay off grains and wheat due to gluten intolerance. There's a lot of hype out there about the Paleo diet and legumes with phyto-toxins or PHA's. A lot of the bean concern makes a difference with how you prepare them. A lot of research shows soaking and cooking the beans properly helps eliminate many phyto toxins.
* Fiber-containing foods are bran-containing foods, flax, chia, grains and seeds, vegetables like green beans, peas, spinach, fruit with skin - apples, apricots, bananas, blackberries, blueberries, cantaloupe, cherries, cranberries, grapefruit, grape, melon, kiwi, lemons, limes, nectarines, pears, rasberries, strawberries, tangerine watermelon, dried fruit especially dried apricots, figs and prunes, almonds, etc. (Balance fruit intake vs. vegetable intake. Too much fruit juice can spike your blood sugar levels.)
- Complex carbohydrates during the meal so that the food lasts longer making you less hungry.
- Dates are excellent source of sugar, fiber, carbohydrates, potassium and magnesium.
- Almonds are rich in protein and fiber with less fat.
- Bananas are a good source of potassium, magnesium and carbohydrates.
* Lots of Liquids- As much water, herbal decaffeinated teas or natural fruit or vegetable juices. (Try to limit or eliminate caffeine and any soft drinks.)
Foods to Avoid
* Fast-burning foods are foods that contain sugar, white flour, etc. (called refined carbohydrates).
Any foods eaten should be well-balanced, containing foods from each food group, i.e. fruits, vegetables, meat/chicken/fish, bread/cereals and dairy products.
*Fried & Fatty Foods. These foods are unhealthy and should be avoided. They cause indigestion, heart-burn, and weight problems.
* Foods containing too much sugar.
What can I expect to experience?
Most people experience improved energy levels, and sometimes an elevated sense of lightness. People who throw off larger levels of toxins may experience what is known as a "Healing Event." This means you may not feel as well as expected at first, but if the cleanse is continued and the toxins eliminated, the improved feeling of energy and lightness should follow.
During a 5 or 7 day retreat it is generally unusual for people to experience a difficult "Healing Event." Most people have a wonderful experience of joy, lightness and energy. See our Testimonials page. Heavy alcohol and caffeine users often find that days three & four are tiresome but on day five the feeling of power and energy emerge.
What should I bring?
• personal toiletries- shampoo, soap, etc.
• tampons or maxipads for females (cleansing may initiate unscheduled periods)
• required prescribed or over-the-counter medications
• casual clothing
• yoga/exercise clothes (several layers for winter)
• note pad or journal & pen
• sun protections
• reading material
• your favorite CD's or IPOD (dance or relaxation)
• walking shoes, change of tennis shoes or cross-trainers
• hiking boots or winter boots
• sun glasses
• back pack
• a good attitude and an open mind
• jackets, sweatshirts or winter coat and snow pants (depending on season and weather predictions. View weather reports for French Lick, Indiana)
What not to bring?
No jewelery or valuables, no scented lotions or perfume, no cigarettes or alcohol, no food
Why should I participate in a cleansing fast?
In today's world, it is important to cleanse regularly. We are constantly exposed to and ingesting toxins. Our diets are generally more acidic than alkalizing. Fasting and cleansing will help you maintain optimum health and energy levels. The colon, blood, cells, liver and other organs, and your lymphatic system must be adequately cleaned and nourished. Our fasting cleanses provide you the opportunity to cleanse, restore and recharge your body with the natural organic vitamins, enzymes and minerals found in living foods, raw foods, and juicing healthy fruits and vegetables.
Detox Cell at 812-295-6235